Support the 2022 Shekinah Move-A-Thon on September 17, 2022
We are thrilled to invite you to join us for this year’s Move-A-Thon, featuring classics you’ve come to love and expect (like a scenic paddle from the Petrofka Bridge to Shekinah, and farmer sausage lunch), and an exciting new partnership with Freedom Functional Fitness to offer a new Obstacle Course Run.
There are many ways to participate in this year’s event:
- Hike. With 287 acres to explore, Shekinah’s trails offer a variety of difficulty levels, all with fantastic scenery to enjoy along the way.
- Paddle. Grab your canoe, kayak, or paddle board and take in the sights along the North Saskatchewan River. Paddle takes approx. two hours and is great for all ages and experience levels. Transportation will be provided from Shekinah to the Petrofka Bridge landing
- Note, participants must bring their own water craft, paddle(s), and personal floatation device.
- Obstacle Course Run. New this year, a 5k run that turns Shekinah into the ultimate obstacle course. Participants can complete 1-3 laps, with or without a 20lb backpack. Not for the faint of heart, but we hope you’re up for the challenge!
- Note, must be 18 years or older to participate, additional cost.
- Bring the Family. Come and enjoy the sand, the swingset and playground, and special activities like DIY face painting, bubbles, Spikeball, and more!
- Donate. Sponsor a participant, or donate to the event overall. Donate Today
Volunteer. Help is needed with set-up, clean-up, shuttles, and meals. Contact email@example.com if you’d like to volunteer, and get free lunch!
All participants are encouraged to fundraise and invite family, friends, and community to support them and the work and mission of Shekinah Retreat Centre.
The event will start in the morning and conclude with a celebration lunch. Registration: $20/person (includes lunch, family pricing available), full schedule will be available soon. Registration is now open, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, we’d love to hear from you!