Move - A - Thon : September 17, 2022
Schedule of Events:
9:00am - Registration for Obstacle Course Run begins
9:30am - Obstacle Course Run Send-Off
10:00am - Registration for Paddlers, Hikers, and Families
- Cinnamon Buns and Coffee
10:30am - Paddler Send-Off
12:00pm - Lunch and Thank You's
- When arriving at Shekinah please fill up the parking lot between the pond and playing field first (see map above) to allow space for other events happening onsite later in the day.
- Make sure to bring a water bottle, sun screen, and bug spray.
- Washroom access is in the Chalet at the bottom of the hill.
- Morning coffee break and lunch are included; please confirm any dietary concerns or allergies ASAP at: email@example.com.
- If you are feeling unwell, please consider staying home. We will miss you, but not your germs; and will offer refunds as appropriate.
- You are responsible for bringing your own watercraft and personal floatation device (PFD) to Shekinah. Please have these ready to load onto the Shekinah trailer by 10:15am for the shuttle to leave for Petrofka Bridge by 10:30am.
- Maps will be available for you to choose how you want to explore the 287 acres that Shekinah has to offer. When/where you hike will be up to you.
- A variety of activities will be available to enjoy throughout the morning.
- Bring bikes, striders, scooters, etc. to explore the trails.
Obstacle Course Runners:
- Be prepared to get down and dirty as the natural elements of Shekinah become your obstacles! (Spare change of clothes recommended!)
- There will be 10 obstacles throughout the route, and you have the choice of running the course 1-3 times, with or without a 20lb weight on your back (bring your own).
- Questions/concerns, please contact Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, while this event offers a great chance to get outdoors, get active, and connect with some new people, it’s also a fundraising event in support of the mission and programs of Shekinah. Reach out to your family and supporting community with a quick note (see sample below) - you might just win the FREE two-night stay in a Shekinah cabin for the top fundraiser. (pledges accepted until October 1)
Thanks again for joining us! Contact email@example.com if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you!